Face Fat Transfer
As we get older the fat content in our face – particularly the mid-face and chin area – loses some volume, helping to draw the skin downwards. This can make our cheeks look rather sunken and the whole face a little empty.
A similar appearance is evident if one loses a significant amount of weight. To regain the appearance of youth again one can volumise the mid-face by transplanting fat taken from different part of the body (typically the abdomen and thighs but we can utilise many other excess areas of body fat). This can give you a healthier glow and restore and rejuvenate what added years have been taking away.
Fat Transfer is also an increasingly popular alternative to using fillers and implants for chin augmentation. Demand for chin implants have increased by 50% in the UK over the past 3 years.
Fat Transfer can often be combined with a face lift and upper and lower eyelift, to add a more youthful look.
Face Fat Transfer Advantages:
- Fat Transfer is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed under local anaesthetic as opposed to general anaesthetic.
- It is a walk-in walk-out procedure, so no hospital stay is involved.
- Results are more natural-looking.
- Considerably less pain and no scarring.
- No lengthy time off work or away from daily activities.